With a valid passport and Visa, a return or onward ticket and adequate funds, a visitor is permitted to land for a stay on the Island of Mauritius not exceeding three months.
To issue a Visa takes at least one month and does not cost anything.
Downloading a Visa application form can be done HERE and the following should be be sent with the application:
– Passport, (copy of data pages)
– a self-addressed stamped envelope and
– proof of possession of ticket covering return to point of departure or onward destination (certificate from travel agent).
– 2 passport sized photographs.
– Hotel booking or letter of invitation.
– Photocopy of passport page with date of birth.
– Copy of US visa where applicable.
The following countries don’t need a Visa:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany Utd, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Papua, New Guinea, Portugal, Qatar, Samoa (Western), San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon isl, South Africa, Spain, St. Christopher, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Vanuatu, Vatican City, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information please go the the Passport and Immigration Office
Visa’s to Mauritius – please note that South Africans do not require a visa to Mauritius.